- We have an opening for a FRONT DESK CLERK position.
- Location: Oak Ridge Hotel & Conference Center; 1 Oak Ridge Drive Chaska, MN 55318 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time or Part-Time shifts;10:30 to 7:00 AM.
- Requirement: Previous hotel or Night Auditing experience preferred.
- Perks: Willing to train, Free parking, Complimentary meals during a shift and Great Benefits.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people. A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK’s steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks – only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring – today and every day.
Full time associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Checks guests in and out of the hotel. Resolves challenges throughout guests' stays. Promotes hotel services and amenities to guests and upsells products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes and acknowledges each guest with a smile, eye contact and friendly greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Anticipates guests' service needs by asking questions, listening to guest preferences and taking action when possible.
- Speaks to guests and coworkers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answers telephones using appropriate etiquette, transfers calls to the right person or department; takes and relays messages.
- Processes all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning rooms and activating room keys.
- Processes all payment types, including room charges and cash, check, debit and credit transactions.
- Processes all check-outs; resolves issues related to late disputed charges.
- Answers, records and processes guest calls, messages, requests, questions and concerns.
- Follows up with guests to ensure issues have been met to their satisfaction.
- Coordinates with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms and report guest concerns.
- Communicates parking procedures to guests, dispatch bell staff and valet staff as necessary.
- Provides guests directions and information regarding the property and local points of interest.
- Runs daily reports, identify any special requests and check reports for accuracy.
- Assigns rooms according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Completes designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
- Balances and drops receipts according to accounting specifications.
- Practices safety standards at all times.
- Complies with record retention, Standard Operating Procedures and daily responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 284816